WHAT IS LAGREE FITNESS?
Simply put, LAGREE FITNESS is a combination of weight training and Pilates. LAGREE FITNESS utilizes the best of both: the strengthening and toning benefits of weight training, and the lengthening and postural enhancing benefits of Pilates in a circuit training sequence. LAGREE FITNESS keeps the heart rate up and burns extra calories. The routines incorporate “old school” exercises such as push-ups and lunges; however, the support of the ProFormer™ eliminates the pressure on joints and the spine.
I HAVE NEVER DONE PILATES, CAN I DO THE CLASSES? OR SHOULD I DO PRIVATE SESSIONS FIRST?
It depends on your current fitness level. 99% of our new students do just fine in the classes. The workout is intense but the routine is kept simple to make sure everyone is using good form. However, if you have chronic back pain, painful joints or a severe medical condition, it is recommended to take a private session first to assess your fitness level.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I PRACTICE LAGREE FITNESS?
The workout is designed to work your body to muscle fatigue at which point you need to rest. Depending on your fitness level and the intensity of your workout, you will need more or less time to recover. I would recommend 2 to 3 times a week to allow your body to properly recover and repair. Some students love the workout so much that they come 5 or 6 times a week. Listen to your body.
WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IN ADDITION OF LAGREE FITNESS?
A lot of the students swear by the combination of Yoga, particularly the Ashtanga style and LAGREE FITNESS, saying it’s the perfect combo. Some recommend spinning. I would say mix it up. Variety is the spice of life. Your body has an amazing ability to adapt, so force it to adapt to new workouts and combinations. There is no best workout system. The best routine is no routine. There is an infinite amount of ways to train your body, so go out there and try new stuff!
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CLASS?
1. Most importantly, bring a positive attitude. Leave all your worries behind. The class is for you.
You need to be present minded when working out to maximize the benefits of the class.
2. Bring a towel, as you will most likely sweat!
3. Although we have a water fountain, students like to bring their own water.
4. Wear loose, comfortable clothes that allow your muscles to stretch and your skin to “breathe”.
5. Jewelry is NOT a good idea. Your necklace may catch into the spring’s system (a nightmare to undo), and you may forget it or lose it. It creates too many opportunities for disaster (we know because we’ve seen it too many times), but wearing jewelry is a choice for you to make.
6. No cell phones during classes (please be respectful of others).
7. No strong perfumes as some students are allergic.
8. If you are about to renew, please bring your payment. Most of our clientele pay online using our automated system. Please understand that no classes can be confirmed if you’re not prepaid.
WHAT IF I CAN’T COME TO CLASS AND I HAVE ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED? WILL I BE CHARGED?
Yes, even if it’s your first time. We absolutely require a 24-hour notice before making any kind of changes to your schedule. The same rules apply to the $199 unlimited special. During this special offer, we will charge an additional $15 each time you cancel or reschedule a class without giving us the full 24-hour notice. There are no exceptions.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT SCHEDULING CLASSES AND TO LEARN HOW TO USE THE AUTOMATED BOOKING SYSTEM?
Someone is usually available during class hours. We recommend all our members to get familiar with our automated booking system. It is the easiest, fastest, and most accurate way to book classes. If you forgot your password or need more info, call us or email us.